Make room for the guys, ladies! Couple or "Jack and Jill" wedding showers are on the rise as more and more couples are being honored together by their friends and families. Unlike the traditional finger sandwich and pastel décor type shower, a couple shower is more casual and usually involves a meal or heavy hors d'oeuvres. Depending on the time of day and event, beer and wine is often served too.
Hosting a shower for gals and guys may seem like a big task but with some smart planning and a little preparation it can be pulled together easily. The secret is to start with a theme and the rest starts to fall into place. So let's get started!
Determine a budget. This should be your first step. Decide how much you can and are willing to spend. Determining a budget will help guide the many decisions you'll face during the planning stages.
Create the guest list. Obviously this should include anyone the couple would want there. Ask the couple, family and friends to ensure you are including those that should attend. This is also the time to ask for contact information. Be mindful of your budget and limit the list accordingly.
Choose a theme . This is where the planning gets fun! Pick a theme that fits the couple's personality and will be enjoyed by a mixed guest list. Here are a few theme ideas that work will for couple wedding showers:
- Honeymoon Shower - This theme centers around the couple's honeymoon destination. Décor, food and gifts reflect the destination such as a luau theme for Hawaiian or tropical destinations; outdoor gear for adventurous outdoorsy ones. Other items may include maps, travel guides or luggage.
- Health and Fitness Shower - Is the couple into fitness or sports? Reserve the rock-climbing wall at a local sport center or take this coed shower to a park or beach. Organize a golf, tennis, volleyball or racquetball tournament. Maybe a night of bowling!
- Stock the Garage - His and hers power tools! Maybe the happy couple will be buying a fixer-upper or planning a house remodel? Is the bride or groom a car buff? Race car fans? How about car cleaning or maintenance supplies. Perfect for a barbeque menu.
- Stock the Bar Shower - Forget the pantry, how about stocking the bar. A great idea for couples who frequently host parties. Guest buy top notch alcohol and bar supplies.
- Wine Tasting Shower - Organize a wine tasting event in honor of the couple. This can be held at a winery or local café. Guest could bring wine and bar related gifts.
- Couple Shower Cruise - If you are lucky enough to live near water a shower aboard a local cruise or tour vessel is a great setting for a fun shower. Even better if the couple is into boating.
- High-Tech Shower - For the high tech couple, create a cyberspace-age atmosphere. Use floppy disks as coasters and give custom-made mouse pads personalized with a photo of the couple, their names and wedding date as party favors. Send paper email invitations instead of snail-mail paper! Guests could give gift certificates for high-tech shopping.
Choose a day and time. Three things to note here:
Plan the fun! Above all else, your shower should be fun! Planned activities and games will break-the-ice and get the party going. A variety of group and individual games will ensure a good time for everyone. Play music to set the mood. Just loud enough to hear but not drowning-out conversation. Make sure the couple is the center-of-attention in all activities.
Organize helpers. There are many stages of the party where help will be needed. Areas to concentrate on are food prep/serving, taking photos, conducting games, organizing and recording the gift-opening sequence, packing/transporting gifts and party clean-up.
Party favors. This is not always necessary but it is nice to give each guest some small token of thanks for their attendance. This can be as simple as a slice of cake to-go to a beautifully wrapped party favor gift. Again the watch cry is.budget!
There you have it, plans for the perfect couple wedding shower! Have fun and remember, no matter what the budget, theme or venue; you'll be appreciated for the care and time you put into their special day. Whether you spend $100 or $1000, it's the thought and effort the couple will remember and appreciate. Keep it fun and you can't go wrong!
Terri Hunziker founded and operates GamesAndLetters.com. GamesAndLetters provides hundreds of print-and-play games for bridal showers, wedding showers, baby showers, Christmas and holiday parties and special events. Print-and-play games offer immediate access to a plethora of fun ideas for party host to make their event unique and entertaining! Find the perfect game for your next event at gamesandletters.com!
Sitemap | Home | Bridal Shower Games | Couple Shower Games
Fun Bridal Shower Games | Bridal Shower Bingo Games | Bridal Shower Trivia Games
©2000 - 2009 Gamesandletters.com